I am currently a Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst at the Florida
International University School of Computer Science. My duties include:
- Maintaining a large group of UNIX-based systems, which include Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, and AIX.
- Ensuring trouble-free and high performance network operation.
- Managing the storage requirements of the department, including organization and backup of dozens of terabytes.
- Planning out infrastructure upgrades when applicable.
- Implementing reliable network services including http, nfs/smb file service, internal instant messaging (IM), a trouble-ticket system, and more.
I started working here as a student in 1996 and moved into a full time position in 2000. We have an extremely heterogeneous and diverse IT infrastructure that is always interesting and sometimes challenging to work in. Having to sometimes work with limited funding means that we end up coming up with innovative and clever solutions to problems.
Here are some links to more information about the school, including various projects, random trivia, a taste of our internal culture, and more:
Go back to the main page