CGS 2423: C for Engineers -- Fall 04
Office: ECS 389; Phone: (305) 348-3748;
Office Hours: Mondays 3:15-4:00PM; Wednesdays 10:00-10:45AM
Questions (FAQ) about your assignments
- Dec 02 Please, please, do the online course evaluation at:
- Dec 02 Final Exam: Dec 15, 9:30-12:15, in same classroom.
- Dec 02 Homework #7 is now ready. See below.
- Nov 23 Data file for HW#6 is now ready. See below.
- Nov 22 Data file for HW#5 is now ready. See below.
- Nov 17 Homework #5 is ready. See below. It's due on Nov
24. It has a second part to it (Homework #6), which is due on
- Nov 01 Deadline for Homework #4 is being extended to
Wednesday, Nov 03.
- Oct 26 Tomorrow (Oct 27) is the first Midterm Exam.
- Oct 25 More Quiz Solutions
- Oct 24 Homework #4 is ready. See below. It's due on Nov 1.
- Oct 07 Homework #3 is ready. See below. It's due on Oct 13.
- Oct 04 Quiz 2 Solutions
- Sep 29 For students who received a 0 on the first
assignment, I gave them a second chance to fix the problem and
turn in the corrected assignment 1 again. If you missed class
when this was announced, I give you one more chance to fix the
problem and turn in the corrected assignment 1 by Friday,
- Sep 26 Thanks to Hurricane Jeanne, I am postponing
the due date for Assignment #2 to Wednesday, Sep 29.
- Sep 26 Questions about the assignments ("Why is it that
my program is producing huge numbers as output, instead of the
correct answers?")? Then visit the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) page by
- Sep 20 There will be a quiz on Monday, Sep 27.
- Sep 20 Homework #2 is ready. See below. It's due on Sep 27.
- Sep 14 There will be a quiz tomorrow on Chapters 1 & 2.
- Sep 14 To learn how to use Visual C,
click here. If you are an advanced
programmer, and you wish to learn how to use the more
powerful .NET environment from Microsoft, you can read the lectures notes
of Prof. Melissa Lin from IUPUI by
clicking here (look at slides 19 and onward).
- Sep 14 A convenient editor to use in the Linux environment
is called "kedit". You can use it by typing "kedit" in a
- Sep 7 Your computer lab accounts should be available latest
by tomorrow morning. You should receive an email to that effect. Your login
should be the same as your FIU login, and your initial password is your
PANTHER ID. If you don't know your FIU login, then go to webmail.fiu.edu
and find it out.
- Sep 7 Homework #1 is ready. See below. It's due on Sep 13.
- Aug 30 The text is as announced in class. See below.
- Aug 30 Your text is advertised for $60.45 plus S&H from
Click here. The regular price is $91.00, even from Amazon.
STANDARD TEXT: "C Program Design for Engineers", by Jeri
Hanly and Elliot Koffman, 2nd Edition [ISBN 0-201-70871-X]
OTHER GOOD TEXTS
- C: How to Program, 3/e, Deitel and Deitel.
- C for Scientists and Engineers, Johnsonbaugh and Kalin.
Course syllabus outline
Last modified: Fri Mar 31 15:20:33 EST 2006