CGS 2423: C for Engineers -- Spring 06
Office: ECS 389; Phone: (305) 348-3748;
Office Hours: TBA
- Apr 19 Final Exam on Monday, Apr 24 from 9:30 to 12:15.
- Apr 11 Assignments #7 and its data files are now ready.
- Apr 5 Assignments #6 data is now ready.
- Mar 26 Assignments #5 will be due on March 29.
- Feb 13 Assignments #3 and #4 are now ready. See below.
- Feb 6 Midterm Exam March 6 in class.
- Jan 26 Assignment #2 is now ready. It is due Feb 1 in
- Jan 18 Assignment #1 is now ready. It is due Jan 25 in
- Jan 18 Your lab is called JCCL and is in ECS 241. If this
is the first time in the lab, then use your FIU webmail ID as
your login and your PantherSoft ID as your password. I suggest
you change your password as soon as possible. There are a few
machines in the lab dedicated to running Linux. You can also
get help with basic questions from the lab helpdesk.
- Jan 10 To learn how to use Visual C,
click here. If you are an advanced
programmer, and you wish to learn how to use the more
powerful .NET environment from Microsoft, you can read the
lectures notes of Prof. Melissa Lin from IUPUI by
clicking here (look at slides 19 and onward).
- Jan 10 A convenient editor to use in the Linux environment
is called "kedit". You can use it by typing "kedit" in a
- Jan 10 Your text is advertised for $60.45 plus S&H from
Click here. The regular price is $91.00, even from Amazon.
STANDARD TEXT: "C Program Design for Engineers", by Jeri
Hanly and Elliot Koffman, 2nd Edition [ISBN 0-201-70871-X]
OTHER GOOD TEXTS
- C: How to Program, 3/e, Deitel and Deitel.
- C for Scientists and Engineers, Johnsonbaugh and Kalin.
Course syllabus outline
Last modified: Wed Apr 19 09:28:05 EDT 2006