COT 3530: Data Structures -- Spring 04
Office: ECS 389; Phone: (305) 348-3748;
Office Hours: Tue & Thu, 12-1PM
Final Exam: TBA
- Apr 06: Visit the Course Evaluation Website
to evaluate your courses.
- Mar 29: Homework #4 is ready. See below.
- Feb 13: Midterm exam is set for Feb 24.
- Feb 04 Homework #2 is ready. See below. It's due on Feb 17.
- Jan 27 You will have a quiz (on homework #1) in class today.
- Jan 27 Goldman Sachs Recruitment visit (Jan 29-30). For
click here, and for the job descriptions,
- Jan 18 Homework #1 is ready. See below. It's due on Jan 27.
- Test yourself by trying out the following exams
designed by another professor for the prerequisite course COP
3337. You should be comfortable with these questions to be well
prepared for "Data Structures". [
Test 3, Spring'01,
Test 4, Spring'01,
Test 3, Spring'02].
- Jan 12 Your text is advertised for $60.45 plus S&H from
Click here. The regular price is $93.00.
- Jan 12 During the semester, you can find answers to
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about your
assignments by clicking here: FAQs.
- Jan 13: Lecture 1 [pdf]
- Jan 15: Lecture 2 [pdf]
- Jan 20: Lecture 3 [pdf]
- Jan 22: Lecture 4 [pdf]
- Jan 27: Lecture 5 [pdf]
- Jan 29: Lecture 6 [pdf]
- Feb 03: Lecture 7 [pdf]
- Feb 05: Lecture 8 [pdf]
- Feb 10: Lecture 9 [pdf]
- Feb 12: Lecture 10 [pdf]
- Feb 17: Lecture 11 [pdf]
- Feb 19: Lecture 12 [pdf]
- Feb 24: Midterm Exam
- Feb 26: Lecture 14 [Same as Lecture 12]
- Mar 02: Lecture 15 [Same as Lecture 12]
- Mar 04: Lecture 16 [pdf]
- Mar 09: Lecture 17 [pdf]
- Mar 11: Lecture 18 [pdf]
- Mar 16: Lecture 19 [Same as Lecture 18]
- Mar 18: Lecture 20 [Same as Lecture 18]
- Mar 30: Lecture 21 [pdf]
- Apr 06: Lecture 22 [pdf]
STANDARD TEXT: "Data Structures & Problem Solving using JAVA", by Weiss
OTHER GOOD TEXTS
- Big Java, by Cay Horstmann
- Java, by Eckel
- Data Structures and Abstraction with Java, by Carrano &
- Data Abstraction and Problem Solving with Java, by Carrano &
- Data Structures, Algorithms, and Applications in Java, by Sahni.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE EXPECTED
- COP 3337 contents
- Java Programming Fundamentals, Object-oriented programming, Debugging
programs, Java Programming Environment.
- Arrays, Stacks, Lists, Queues
- Sorting and Searching
- Trees, Binary Search Trees
- Graphs & Graph Algorithms